All driver’s licence services are to be done in person with appropriate identification.
It is your responsibility to renew your driver’s licence before it expires. To renew your licence you will need to come in person and provide the following:
- Current (valid) driver’s licence
- Second piece of recordable and traceable identification
- If your class of licence &/or medical condition requires it, you will need to provide a completed driver’s medical form
When requesting any service regarding your driver’s licence, always be prepared to have your picture taken.
To change your address be sure to have your current driver’s licence with you and a second piece of ID
Lost or Stolen Driver’s Licence/ID Card
To report a lost or stolen driver’s licence we require you to come with two pieces of ID with you
We offer all classes of knowledge testing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7
Learners under 18 are required to show a birth certificate or passport and have a parent with them in order to write/obtain a learner’s licence or an ID card.
Learners over 18 are required to show a birth certificate or passport and a second piece of ID, along with proof of Alberta Residency in order to write/obtain a learner’s licence or an ID card.
Road Test Services
Book a road test or for further questions, please call 403-823-3068
We will be offering road tests in future for the following classes:
- Class 5 Basic Test
- Class 5 Advanced Test
- Class 6 Test
- Class 4 Test
To obtain your personal Driver’s Abstract:
- Attend our our office in person, and complete the “Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information” form with your driver’s licence or two forms of identification.
- If you are unable to come “in person” you can give consent to someone you know who resides within Alberta by filling out the “Driver’s Abstract Consent” form and they can obtain an abstract on your behalf.
- If you are Out of Province and do not have someone in Alberta to act on your behalf, you can fill out the “Notarized Request for Personal Information” form. then have the form and a copy of your identification notarized. The notarized form, notarized copy of your ID, and a money order for $30 must be mailed to us at PO Box 1917 Drumheller, Alberta T0J 0Y0 for processing and a PREPAID Express Post envelope. We will process the abstract and return it to you.
For more information visit : www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca
We provide vehicle registration for all motor vehicles, trailers, motorcycles and off-highway vehicles.
We are able to renew your registration, issue and transfer plates, and order personalized plates.
To Transfer or Obtain new plates we require:
- Proof of ownership: The Bill of Sale (BOS) or Lease Agreement must be signed by both parties (purchaser/s & seller/s).
The NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) must be presented with the BOS or Lease Agreement for new vehicles that have not been registered before.
- Proof of valid insurance (not required for trailers)
- All owners on the ownership document are required to be present or provide written authorization for someone else to do the service on their behalf by filling out the Vehicle Authorization Form.
To Renew Your Plates we require:
- Your renewal notice, licence plate number or your current/last registration
- Proof of valid insurance
- If there are changes to be made, all owners must be present or provide written authorization for someone else to do the service on their behalf by filling out the Vehicle Authorization Form.
Lost or stolen plates, registration or yearly stickers.
If your plates or registration papers have been lost or stolen, the registered owner/s must attend the office with identification to replace the missing item. A fee applies. All registered owners must be present or provide written authorization for someone else to do the service on their behalf by filling out the Vehicle Authorization Form.
Drumheller Registries offers Level 1, 2, and 3 services.
Registering a New Business
We offer an Alberta Incorporation Package which includes a minute book all the information and forms needed to register a business or incorporate within Alberta.
Drumheller Registries can provide:
- Trade Name registration
- Partnership Registrations
- Alberta Incorporations
- Extra Provincial/LLP Registrations
- Structural changes
- Filing of Annual Returns
- Change of directors, shareholders, or address
- Revivals/Reinstatements of Corporations
- NUANS reports are available for the following
- Alberta Incorporations
- Federal Incorporations
- Alberta Societies
- Not-For-Profit Corporations
Most corporate transactions can be completed on the same day.
We provide services for ordering the following Vital Statistics documents:
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Death Certificates
To order a certificate or a certified copy the applicant must:
- attend our office “in person” — faxes or e-mails are not accepted
- have acceptable identification
- meet eligibility requirements
Marriage Licence Applications:
We are able to provide a marriage licence to a couple being married in Alberta. Marriage licences are valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
To obtain a marriage licence:
- Complete the Marriage Application Form
- Both parties must return the form to our office along with valid identification (ID)
- If you were previously married and now divorced you will need to provide the original divorce certificate or we will accept a faxed copy Direct from the Court House. (See forms section Marriage Licence Application Page 2 for more info)
Legal Name Change
To apply for a legal name change you will need the Legal Name Change Application form online, print and then bring into the office with supporting documents identified in the application.
For more information on Legal Name Changes please visit the Service Alberta Government website.
Using your legal land description we can provide:
- Land Title Searches (surface and mineral)
- Historic Land Title Searches
- Land Title Document Searches
- Obtain a copy of Survey Plans
To use our Land Title Services please visit our office in person.
Legal Land Descriptions can be found on county maps, tax notices, gas or power bills, and at the municipal office.
Land Title Services are used for any real property such as land or a house. You may wish to employ Land Title Services when buying a property or release of a mortgage.
Personal property registrations cover the following:
- Motor vehicles
- Boat motors
- Mobile homes
Liens can be registered through the personal property system (APPRES) that relate to security interests on these items, or writs of enforcement issued by the courts. They are registered within the Province, but can be registered in other provinces as well.
If you wish to register interests against personal property, please visit our office.
Serial Number Searches can be requested for:
- Motor Vehicles
- Boats or boat motors
- Mobile Homes
Searches can be done on Individuals or Businesses to see if there are any outstanding liens or writs registered against them.
We are able to take photos for:
- Canadian Passports
- Canadian Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Passports and Visas for several other countries
Please specify which type of photo you require:
If it is not one of the types listed above, we request that you bring the size requirements of the photo with you. Please do NOT wear white or light colors, no headbands, hats, glasses, or shiny makeup. Your photo requires a “neutral expression”, no smiling and mouth completely closed — it is not a portrait. We are unable to take photos of infants, unless they can sit up and hold their head up. Toddler photos will be taken at our discretion.
A Raffle Licence authorizes non-profit charities, religious organizations or community service clubs to sell tickets for prize draws, cash draws or 50/50 draws.
Rules and eligibility differ depending on the total ticket value. See below for a complete list of Raffle Licence guidelines and Raffle Licence applications:
ID/Support Document/Alberta Residency
What you need to get an Alberta ID card or Driver’s Licence for the first time or a renewal of one that has expired for more than six months.
You will need 1 primary ID, 1 Secondary ID and 2 proofs of residency in Alberta.
- Nexus Card
- Municipal, Provincial, Armed Forces, Indian Status OR Federal Police ID Card
- Current Canadian Passport (Not Expired)
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Card
- Immigration Authorization (for applicants originating from outside Canada) with a Valid Foreign Passport
- Study Permit or Work Permits (Must have minimum 3 months left on application or permit)
- Birth Certificate(Canadian)
Secondary ID: (Support document for the presented primary ID)
- Provincial/Federal Government ID Card, Armed Forces ID Card, Canadian Citizenship Certificate or Card (Assigned Prior to Feb 2012)
- Health Care Insurance Card
- Firearms ID Card
- Birth Certificate (Canadian)
- Indian Status Card
- Marriage Certificate
Proof of Alberta Residency:
(Mail received in your name at your home or other confirmation to show that you reside in Alberta. Must be dated within the last 90 days with your full name and current address.)
- Alberta Health Care Statement
- Telus telephone bill in client’s name
- Epcor/Direct Energy Utility bill in client’s name(electronic/online bills accepted)
- Shaw Cable bill in client’s name(electronic/online bills accepted)
- Paystub showing client’s name and address
- Original Letter from Employer on Company Letterhead
- Official ORIGINAL Lease/Rental Agreement
- Bank Statement that has been MAILED to your residence
– Print outs from online banking or print outs from the bank with a stamp will NOT be accepted
- Property Tax bill, Land title or mortgage papers
Note: If you are under 18 Years of age, Parental Consent is required.